Subject: Re: bug#73707: Missing functions for R7RS small

From: Tomas Volf <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2024 23:52:54 +0200

Hi,

Simon Dash via "Bug reports for GUILE, GNU's Ubiquitous Extension
Language" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> You don't implement the functions string->vector and vector->string which are in
> R7RS small per the index at scheme.org:

Both of them seem to be defined in (scheme base):

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
scheme@(guile-user)> ,use (scheme base)
scheme@(guile-user)> string->vector
$1 = #<procedure string->vector (str) | (str start) | (str start end)>
scheme@(guile-user)> vector->string
$2 = #<procedure vector->string (v) | (v start #:optional end)>
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Could you please expand on what the problem seems to be?

Have a nice day,
Tomas

-- 
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.