Subject: Re: bug#73680: privileged-programs: cant set setuid/setgid to new accounts/groups

From: Dariqq <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2024 16:35:36 +0000

The problem is the ordering of the services which is responsible for the 
order in the activation-service-type after folding:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/system.scm#n808

It currently looks something like this (omitting some things)

activation-service
...
account-service
etc-service
...
privileged-program-service

---

which are added to the folded activation-service in reverse order (one 
can check this by looking at the service-value of

(fold-services (operating-system-services %os) #:target-type 
activation-service-type)

I think the easiest solution would be to either move the 
privileged-program-service-type up or the account-service down.

Because activation-service is above account-service users/groups are 
already available for direct activation-service extensions that set 
permission/ownership on files