Subject: bug#7368: display-buffer a softly dedicated window

From: Андрей Парамонов<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 12:40:20 +0300

2010/11/18 martin rudalics <[email-masked]>:
> I never tried but if you checked out the trunk with bzr something like
> bzr branch bzr://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/window-pub window-pub

Thanks, I'll try it soon and report the results.

>> 6) In a burst of inspiration, quickly switch to interpreter to inspect
>> a field of an object.
>
> And here you want the completions window show the interpreter?

comint.el forces *Completions* to close and shows the interpreter
immediately, in its place. That's what I want, exactly. Showing the
interpreter in place of *Completions* would have the same effect, so
it's what I want, too.

>> 7) Switch back to the code buffer.
>
> But here you've lost the completions window.

Yes, but that's no problem as I'll be able to quickly resurrender it
by hitting M-Tab.

> Why don't you use three windows in your workflow?

My code window occupies full frame most of the time. That allows me to
see more code.

Best wishes,
Andrey Paramonov