Subject: Re: bug#7368: display-buffer a softly dedicated window

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 10:07:54 +0100

> Now I'm tempted to try out that branch. What is the best way to do so?

I never tried but if you checked out the trunk with bzr something like

  bzr branch bzr://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/emacs/window-pub window-pub

in the directory of your shared emacs repository should work.  I don't
know how to work with the git mirror.

[...]
 > 6) In a burst of inspiration, quickly switch to interpreter to inspect
 > a field of an object.

And here you want the completions window show the interpreter?

 > 7) Switch back to the code buffer.

But here you've lost the completions window.

 > 8) goto 1)
 >
 > Everything except 1, 2, 5 should need only muscle memory, no thinking.
 > Hope you understand what I mean.

Why don't you use three windows in your workflow?

martin