Subject: Re: bug#7368: Testcase

From: Андрей Парамонов<[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 23:19:50 +0300

2010/11/16 Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>:
> It's actually soft-dedicated (i.e. dedicated but switch-to-buffer can
> override it).

After another debug session I see that there are 2 types of special windows:

1) A "softly dedicated" window is a window with 2 properties:
  a) it is tied to a certain buffer, and when that buffer is destroyed
the window is destroyed too;
  b) it cannot be target of display-buffer.

2) A "truly dedicated" window is a window with 3 properties:
  a) it is tied to a certain buffer, and when that buffer is destroyed
the window is destroyed too;
  b) it cannot be target of display-buffer;
  c) it cannot be target of switch-to-buffer.

Wouldn't it be more logical to have the following?

1) A "softly dedicated" window is a window tied to a certain buffer,
and when that buffer is destroyed the window is destroyed too.

2) A "truly dedicated" window is a "softly dedicated" window which
cannot be target of neither display-buffer nor switch-to-buffer.

That would solve the problem, but I'm beginning to doubt if it's worth
it to solve the problem generally...

Best wishes,
Andrey Paramonov