Subject: bug#73675: [PATCH] Clean up tmm.el

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2024 21:38:05 +0300

> From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2024 14:05:24 +0200
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Thanks, but these are public symbols, how do we know no one out there
> > uses them?  I'd leave them alone, TBH.
> 
> Ok.  What about the following one?  `tmm-mb-map' is not even set
> anywhere.

That's okay, but if you intend to work on improving and developing
tmm.el (which is always welcome), we prefer that such cleanup changes
be done as part of larger, significant changesets, not as separate
changes that modify the code without adding any new or improved
functionality.

In a nutshell, this is like fixing whitespace: we prefer to do it as
part of real changes, not separately.

So if you intend to work on tmm.el, I suggest to install this with
whatever other changes you are planning.

Thanks.