Subject: 30.0.60; Make window-tool-bar-mode not show modifier-bar-mode

From: Anush V <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2024 16:06:03 -0400

Dear maintainers,

I just discovered the 'global-window-tool-bar-mode'. This allows us to
have a frame-wide 'tool-bar-mode' and buffer-specific tool bars.

This is nice, except when combined with 'modifier-bar-mode', in that scenario,
the modifier bar is shown on all windows along with frame-wide toolbar.  Is
there a way to make the modifier-bar appear only in the frame-wide toolbar?

This is the configuration I used,

    (tool-bar-mode)
    (modifier-bar-mode 1)
    (setq tool-bar-always-show-default t)
    (global-window-tool-bar-mode 1)

Thank you for your time.

* * *

In GNU Emacs 30.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.41, cairo
version 1.18.0)
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101012
System Description: Guix System

Configured using:
 'configure
 CONFIG_SHELL=/gnu/store/3jhfhxdf6v5ms10x5zmnl166dh3yhbr1-bash-minimal-5.1.16/bin/bash
 SHELL=/gnu/store/3jhfhxdf6v5ms10x5zmnl166dh3yhbr1-bash-minimal-5.1.16/bin/bash --prefix=/gnu/store/hicgrdcmv63hq1lgpdrvd6nmn4cvz3mi-emacs-next-30.0.60-1.4e22ef8 --enable-fast-install --with-cairo --with-modules --with-native-compilation=aot --disable-build-details'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

--
Regards,
Anush V