Subject: bug#73648: closed (Re: bug#73648: 29.4; Crash with eglot+gopls and with sly)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2024 11:02:03 +0000

Your bug report

#73648: 29.4; Crash with eglot+gopls and with sly

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
73648: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=73648
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#73648: 29.4; Crash with eglot+gopls and with sly
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Pavel Buranov <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2024 14:00:24 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Pavel Buranov <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2024 13:42:14 +0300
> 
> Hello Eli. I built Emacs from the master branch and it doesn’t crash anymore.

Thanks, I'm therefore closing this bug.

Subject: 29.4; Crash with eglot+gopls and with sly
From: Pavel Buranov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2024 22:45:46 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When I normally program in Go with the gopls language server, Emacs
crashes on autocomplete spots. I can't pin down the precise cases when it happens, because it happens spontaneously, but I have learned to type
very fast in order not to toggle autocompletion. It must be mentioned
that I use `corfu' with `corfu-auto-delay' set to 0.5 seconds. I enabled
traces, and inspecting the trace it shows consistently that the last or
so message from the language server is a very long one. Initially, I
filed an issue at gopls:  https://github.com/golang/go/issues/69368 .
However, now it also crashes on autocomplete with Sly! I doubted it is
something with emacs initially, thinking the gopls process was somehow
crashing emacs. Now, however, I am pretty sure it is something with
emacs.
 
I use Arch linux, emacs version 29.4-2, installed with the emacs-wayland
package (with native compilation and PGTK enabled). My computer's specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 4500
GPU: AMD ATI Radeon RX 6400/6500 XT/65
16GB of RAM
 
Running emacs on wayland with GNOME.
 
If I can provide better information, please tell me what to do.
 
In GNU Emacs 29.4 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.43,
cairo version 1.18.0)
System Description: Arch Linux
 
Configured using:
 'configure --with-pgtk --with-native-compilation=aot --sysconfdir=/etc
 --prefix=/usr --libexecdir=/usr/lib --with-tree-sitter
 --localstatedir=/var --with-cairo --disable-build-details
 --with-harfbuzz --with-libsystemd --with-modules 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64
 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=3
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -fstack-clash-protection
 -fcf-protection -fno-omit-frame-pointer -mno-omit-leaf-frame-pointer -g
 -ffile-prefix-map=/build/emacs/src=/usr/src/debug/emacs -flto=auto'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--sort-common -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,relro
 -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,pack-relative-relocs -flto=auto'
 'CXXFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=3 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
 -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection -fno-omit-frame-pointer
 -mno-omit-leaf-frame-pointer -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS -g
 -ffile-prefix-map=/build/emacs/src=/usr/src/debug/emacs -flto=auto''
 
Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB
 
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: C.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: ru_RU.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
 
Major mode: Org
 
Minor modes in effect:
  server-mode: t
  adaptive-wrap-prefix-mode: t
  visual-fill-column-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-highlight-parentheses-mode: t
  highlight-parentheses-mode: t
  global-treesit-auto-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  global-corfu-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  sly-symbol-completion-mode: t
  eldoc-box-hover-mode: t
  org-roam-db-autosync-mode: t
  org-bullets-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  xah-fly-keys: t
  leaf-key-override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
 
Load-path shadows:
/home/pavel/.config/emacs/elpa/transient-20240821.158/transient hides /usr/share/emacs/29.4/lisp/transient
 
Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug server org-eldoc oc-basic ol-eww eww
url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail
yank-media rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util
mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr ol-docview doc-view jka-compr
image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi
modus-operandi-theme modus-themes ebnf-mode adaptive-wrap
visual-fill-column autorevert paren-face highlight-parentheses
scala-ts-mode treesit-auto prettier-js web-mode disp-table orderless
vertico-directory vertico corfu scss-mode editorconfig editorconfig-core
editorconfig-core-handle editorconfig-fnmatch clojure-ts-mode cider
tramp-sh cider-debug cider-browse-ns cider-mode cider-xref-backend
cider-find cider-inspector cider-completion cider-profile cider-eval
cider-jar cider-repl-history pulse derived cider-repl cider-resolve
cider-test cider-overlays cider-stacktrace cider-doc cider-browse-spec
cider-clojuredocs cider-eldoc cider-docstring shr pixel-fill kinsoku
url-file puny svg xml dom cider-client cider-common
cider-completion-context cider-connection cider-popup sesman-browser
nrepl-client cider-util tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration
files-x tramp-compat shell parse-time iso8601 sesman vc vc-dispatcher
queue nrepl-dict parseedn parseclj-parser parseclj-lex parseclj-alist
clojure-mode sly sly-completion sly-buttons sly-messages sly-common
apropos arc-mode archive-mode hyperspec dashboard dashboard-widgets
recentf tree-widget ffap yasnippet ada-mode ada-imenu wisi-process-parse
ada-skel wisi-skel skeleton ada-indent-user-options ada-core
uniquify-files gnat-compiler wisi-prj wisi wisi-fringe wisi-parse-common
semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local find-file lua-mode
typescript-ts-mode js c-ts-common cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs erlang-start erlang
etags fileloop align dockerfile-ts-mode protobuf-ts-mode go-ts-mode
treesit finder-inf easy-mmode reformatter sbt-mode sbt-mode-rgrep grep
sbt-mode-comint sbt-mode-buffer sbt-mode-project sbt-mode-vars
rustic-spellcheck rustic-expand rustic-lsp rustic-playground
rustic-rustfix rustic-babel rustic-rustfmt rustic-comint rustic-clippy
rustic-doc f rustic-popup rustic-cargo rustic-compile spinner s
xterm-color markdown-mode edit-indirect rustic-interaction rustic
rust-utils rust-prog-mode rust-mode rust-common rust-rustfmt edmacro
kmacro eglot external-completion array filenotify jsonrpc ert ewoc debug
backtrace xref flymake-proc flymake thingatpt compile
text-property-search pcase project imenu eldoc-box nord-theme
gruvbox-theme gruvbox autothemer lisp-mnt solarized-theme solarized
solarized-faces color tao-theme org-roam-ui org-roam-dailies websocket
bindat simple-httpd comp comp-cstr warnings cl-extra help-mode
org-roam-migrate org-roam-log org-roam-mode org-roam-capture org-roam-id
org-roam-node org-roam-db emacsql-sqlite-builtin sqlite org-roam-utils
org-roam-compat org-roam org-capture org-attach emacsql-sqlite
emacsql-sqlite-common emacsql emacsql-compiler magit-section
cursor-sensor compat compat-30 dash org-bullets org-contrib ob-lisp
cus-edit pp cus-load wid-edit advice window-layout cl ox-md ox-odt
rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse
nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar org-agenda
ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-tempo tempo org-element
org-persist xdg org-id org-refile org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete
comint ansi-osc ansi-color org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities
time-date noutline outline icons ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle
org-table org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs ol rx org-fold org-fold-core org-compat ring avl-tree
generator org-version org-macs format-spec delsel xah-fly-keys dired-x
dired dired-loaddefs leaf-keywords leaf ada-mode-autoloads
adaptive-wrap-autoloads cider-autoloads clojure-mode-autoloads
clojure-ts-mode-autoloads corfu-autoloads dashboard-autoloads
ebnf-mode-autoloads edit-indirect-autoloads editorconfig-autoloads
eldoc-box-autoloads erlang-autoloads gnat-compiler-autoloads
gruvbox-theme-autoloads autothemer-autoloads
highlight-parentheses-autoloads leaf-keywords-autoloads leaf-autoloads
lua-mode-autoloads nord-theme-autoloads orderless-autoloads
org-bullets-autoloads org-contrib-autoloads org-roam-ui-autoloads
org-roam-autoloads magit-section-autoloads emacsql-autoloads
paren-face-autoloads parseedn-autoloads parseclj-autoloads
prettier-js-autoloads protobuf-ts-mode-autoloads queue-autoloads
reformatter-autoloads rustic-autoloads flycheck-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads f-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads
sbt-mode-autoloads scala-ts-mode-autoloads scss-mode-autoloads
sesman-autoloads simple-httpd-autoloads sly-autoloads
solarized-theme-autoloads spinner-autoloads tao-theme-autoloads
transient-autoloads treemacs-autoloads cfrs-autoloads posframe-autoloads
ht-autoloads hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads pfuture-autoloads
ace-window-autoloads avy-autoloads s-autoloads dash-autoloads
treesit-auto-autoloads tsc-autoloads typescript-mode-autoloads
typst-ts-mode-autoloads uniquify-files-autoloads vertico-autoloads
compat-autoloads visual-fill-column-autoloads web-mode-autoloads
websocket-autoloads info wisi-autoloads xah-fly-keys-autoloads
xterm-color-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win
term/common-win pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)
 
Memory information:
((conses 16 756135 530984)
 (symbols 48 51507 7)
 (strings 32 181002 54071)
 (string-bytes 1 5976376)
 (vectors 16 90000)
 (vector-slots 8 1572330 718264)
 (floats 8 832 2266)
 (intervals 56 753 0)
 (buffers 984 12))
--
Pavel