Subject: bug#73638: 31.0.50; doc-view: imenu index cannot be made for LaTeX PDFs

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2024 17:04:05 +0200

Visuwesh <[email-masked]> writes:

>> The patch looks good.  But during testing, it seems that the index is
>> always off by one page, i.e., the index for some section brings me to
>> page 117 but the section heading is actually on page 118.
>>
>> I have that both with the Peter Atkins et al. book you suggested as
>> well as with own papers which didn't work at all previously due to
>> #nameddest references.
>
> Ugghhh, looks like the page number returned by the JS function is
> zero-indexed.  Thanks for the catch (and sorry for the many mistakes
> and hence the back-and-forth).  Should be corrected in the attached
> patch.

Nope, now I get off-by-many-hundreds errors.  The Imenu entries have the
page number in parens, right?  If so, I have many references to pages
that are thrice as large as the actual number of pages, e.g., here some
parts of the *Completions* buffer for the Atkins book:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
FOCUS.1.The.properties.of.gases.(341)
FOCUS.10.Molecular.symmetry.(4181)
FOCUS.11.Molecular.spectroscopy.(4481)
FOCUS.12.Magnetic.resonance.(5181)
FOCUS.13.Statistical.thermodynamics.(5621)
FOCUS.14.Molecular.interactions.(6141)
FOCUS.15.Solids.(6701)
FOCUS.16.Molecules.in.motio.(7201)
FOCUS.17.Chemical.kinetics.(7521)
FOCUS.18.Reaction.dynamics.(8101)
FOCUS.19.Processes.at.solid.surfaces.(8541)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

It's large but doesn't have more than 8000 pages.

Bye,
  Tassilo