Subject: [bug#73615] [PATCH] gnu: gdb: Update to 15.2.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2024 14:49:52 +0200

Greg Hogan <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On Thu, Oct 3, 2024 at 6:04 PM Ashish SHUKLA <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> I'm not sure the point of having an indirect reference, so this is why I
>> have not updated the `gdb' variable.
>
> Yes, that's a nice observation, if we only have one public choice then
> why the default selector?
>
> 'guix refresh' shows gdb with 414 dependent packages. It would be
> helpful if that partial dependency tree could be exported as in 'guix
> graph' to better identity packages which could be pinned to reduce
> that number. Even a simple option, means, or tool to filter out leaves
> would greatly reduce the list.

See <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/70393>.

I’ll rebase that pydevd patch and eventually apply it.

Ludo’.