Subject: Re: Mate fails to build on i686-linux , post gnome-team merge

From: Dariqq <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2025 19:28:04 +0000

Good news:

python-pandas-2 tests are skipped because of 
162179e787f4d196e809dd19c74b7ad8318d7ac1

Bad news:
Mutliple new failing tests in gnome dependencies:

gst-plugins-good

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
33/116 elements_matroskademux             FAIL            0.16s   exit 
status 3
 >>> GST_STATE_IGNORE_ELEMENTS='aasink autoaudiosrc autoaudiosink 
autovideosrc
  autovideosink cacasink cairotextoverlay gtkglsink gtksink jackaudiosrc
  jackaudiosink osssrc osssink osxaudiosink osxaudiosrc osxvideosrc 
osxvideosink
  pulsesink pulsesrc pulsemixer v4l2src' MESON_TEST_ITERATION=1 
GSETTINGS_BACKEND=memory GST_PLUGIN_SYSTEM_PATH_1_0='' 
GST_PLUGIN_SCANNER_1_0=/gnu/store/kk0rlcbb90x2a33n31h2qahz90lbb9yd-gstreamer-1.24.9/libexec/gstreamer-1.0/gst-plugin-scanner 
GST_PLUGIN_PATH_1_0=/tmp/guix-build-gst-plugins-good-1.24.9.drv-0/build:/gnu/store/kk0rlcbb90x2a33n31h2qahz90lbb9yd-gstreamer-1.24.9/lib/gstreamer-1.0:/gnu/store/zwshf1i6m9ilr6wxp819ympgdb6rm4dd-gst-plugins-base-1.24.9/lib/gstreamer-1.0 
MALLOC_PERTURB_=189 
UBSAN_OPTIONS=halt_on_error=1:abort_on_error=1:print_summary=1:print_stacktrace=1 
CK_DEFAULT_TIMEOUT=600 
GST_REGISTRY=/tmp/guix-build-gst-plugins-good-1.24.9.drv-0/build/tests/check/elements_matroskademux.registry 
ASAN_OPTIONS=halt_on_error=1:abort_on_error=1:print_summary=1 
GST_PLUGIN_LOADING_WHITELIST=gstreamer:gst-plugins-base:timecode:gst-plugins-good@/tmp/guix-build-gst-plugins-good-1.24.9.drv-0/build 
MSAN_OPTIONS=halt_on_error=1:abort_on_error=1:print_summary=1:print_stacktrace=1 
/tmp/guix-build-gst-plugins-good-1.24.9.drv-0/build/tests/check/elements_matroskademux
――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――― ✀ 
―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――
Running suite(s): matroskademux
40%: Checks: 5, Failures: 3, Errors: 0
../gst-plugins-good-1.24.9/tests/check/elements/matroskademux.c:402:F:general:test_segment_looping:0: 
'segment_end' (116099772) is not equal to 'PINKNOISE_MKV_DURATION' 
(116099773)
../gst-plugins-good-1.24.9/tests/check/elements/matroskademux.c:442:F:general:test_segment_looping_middle_segment:0: 
'segment->duration' (116099772) is not equal to 'PINKNOISE_MKV_DURATION' 
(116099773)
../gst-plugins-good-1.24.9/tests/check/elements/matroskademux.c:442:F:general:test_segment_looping_middle_segment_with_rate:0: 
'segment->duration' (116099772) is not equal to 'PINKNOISE_MKV_DURATION' 
(116099773)
Check suite matroskademux ran in 0.024s (tests failed: 3)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

gtk:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Summary of Failures:

5779/6091 gtk:css / parser math.css 
  
                        ERROR           0.15s   exit status 1
5999/6091 gtk:reftest / reftest hbox-with-ellipsizing-wrapping-label.ui 
  
                        FAIL            0.76s   0/1 subtests passed
6084/6091 gtk:reftest / reftest window-border-width.ui 
  
                        FAIL            0.80s   0/1 subtests passed

In the meson outputI could not find anything that looks like the reason 
for the errors/failures

--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

vte-with-gtk+3

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
  3/16 colors            FAIL            0.09s   killed by signal 6 SIGABRT
test-colors: ../vte-0.78.2/src/color-test.cc:84: void 
assert_color_parse_value(const string_view&, const Color&, color_format, 
int) [with Color = vte::color::rgba_base<float>; std::string_view = 
std::basic_string_view<char>]: Assertion `*value == expected_value' failed.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---