Subject: Re: bug#73559: [PATCH] fix NS build focus-in event processing

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2024 14:41:49 +0300

> From: Daniel Colascione <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2024 22:47:46 -0400
> 
> 
> In Emacs NS build, frames don't respond to focus-in events right away.
> Instead, they store the focus-in event and process it (and other queued
> events) whenever some other event happens to occur on that frame.

Hmm... isn't this the same on all other GUI systems?
kbd_buffer_store_event adds the event to the Emacs input queue, and
AFAIU it will be processed as soon as Emacs gets back to its main loop
and calls read_char.  No other event should be needed, AFAIK.  Po Lu,
am I missing something here?

> This patch kicks the NS event loop immediately when a focus-in event
> happens, allowing Emacs to respond to focus-in events without some other
> event triggering the processing.

I know nothing about the "NS event loop", so I'm probably missing
something.

Thanks.