Subject: bug#73553: closed (Re: bug#73553: 30.0.91; ERC 5.6.0.30.1: erc-fill binds user-reserved key-sequence)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2024 00:19:02 +0000

Your bug report

#73553: 30.0.91; ERC 5.6.0.30.1: erc-fill binds user-reserved key-sequence

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
73553: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=73553
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#73553: 30.0.91; ERC 5.6.0.30.1: erc-fill binds user-reserved key-sequence
From: "J.P." <[email-masked]>
To: Morgan Willcock <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2024 17:17:26 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Morgan Willcock <[email-masked]> writes:

> "C-c a" is being bound in erc-fill-wrap-mode-map to
> erc-fill-wrap-cycle-visual-movement.
>
> "C-c" followed by a letter is meant to be reserved for user
> key-bindings.  "C-c a" in particular is probably a bad choice because
> that is often recommended as a key-binding for opening the Org agenda.
>
>   emacs -Q \
>       --eval "(require 'erc-fill)" \
>       --eval "(describe-keymap erc-fill-wrap-mode-map)"

This has been fixed on master:

  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=e3c45b9d

I suppose anyone troubled by it on Emacs 30 can upgrade to ERC 5.6.1
once that's released.

Thanks and closing.

Subject: 30.0.91; ERC 5.6.0.30.1: erc-fill binds user-reserved key-sequence
From: Morgan Willcock <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2024 12:04:59 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

"C-c a" is being bound in erc-fill-wrap-mode-map to
erc-fill-wrap-cycle-visual-movement.

"C-c" followed by a letter is meant to be reserved for user
key-bindings.  "C-c a" in particular is probably a bad choice because
that is often recommended as a key-binding for opening the Org agenda.

  emacs -Q \
      --eval "(require 'erc-fill)" \
      --eval "(describe-keymap erc-fill-wrap-mode-map)"

In GNU Emacs 30.0.91 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.16.0, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2024-09-12 built on inspiron
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101007
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation=aot --with-xml2
 --with-x-toolkit=lucid'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XAW3D
XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  global-corfu-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  jabber-activity-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  global-devil-mode: t
  devil-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-imenu-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  erc-scrolltobottom-mode: t
  erc-spelling-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  recentf-mode: t
  global-display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/mwillcock/.emacs.d/custom/flymake-ansible-lint.el/flymake-ansible-lint hides /home/mwillcock/.emacs.d/custom/flymake-ansible-lint
/home/mwillcock/.emacs.d/custom/powershell.el/powershell hides /home/mwillcock/.emacs.d/custom/powershell
/home/mwillcock/.emacs.d/elpa/which-key-3.6.1/which-key hides /usr/local/share/emacs/30.0.91/lisp/which-key
/home/mwillcock/.emacs.d/elpa/modus-themes-4.5.0/theme-loaddefs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/30.0.91/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow sort ecomplete mail-extr emacsbug gnus-topic nndraft nnmh utf-7
epa-file network-stream nsm nnfolder tramp-cache time-stamp tramp-sh
nnnil gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-cache
gnus-demon nntp cursor-sensor cal-iso autorevert face-remap init corfu
sly sly-completion sly-buttons sly-messages sly-common apropos arc-mode
archive-mode hyperspec powershell php-mode mode-local consult-imenu
consult php-face php php-project jabber jabber-ourversion hippie-exp
hexrgb fsm sgml-mode facemenu srv dns starttls tls goto-addr yaml-mode
markdown-mode lua-mode advice edmacro kmacro kixtart-docstrings
kixtart-mode tempo etags fileloop org-msg let-alist color ox-odt rng-loc
rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns
nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii
ox-publish ox org-attach htmlize gnus-msg gnus-icalendar icalendar
gnus-dired gnus-cite which-key devil delight comp comp-cstr ags-mode
speedbar ezimage dframe shadowfile eglot jsonrpc xref flymake diff ert
ewoc debug backtrace warnings python project cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs erc-sasl
erc-sasl-ecdsa-nist256p-challenge erc-sasl-scram-sha-512
erc-sasl-scram-sha-256 erc-sasl-scram-sha-1 erc-sasl-external
erc-sasl-plain sasl-scram-sha256 sasl-scram-rfc sasl-scram-sha-1 rfc2104
hex-util sasl sasl-anonymous sasl-login sasl-plain erc-ring erc-netsplit
erc-menu erc-list erc-imenu imenu erc-pcomplete erc-button erc-fill
erc-stamp erc-goodies erc-spelling erc-track erc-match erc-join erc
erc-backend erc-networks erc-common erc-compat compat erc-loaddefs ediff
ediff-merg ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init
ediff-util vc-git diff-mode track-changes vc-dispatcher org-indent
oc-basic cl-extra ol-eww eww url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc
ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 gnus-sum ol-docview
ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi appt diary-lib
diary-loaddefs org-capture ob-shell ob-plantuml ob-dot org-goto
org-clock comp-run comp-common org-duration org-agenda org-element
org-persist org-id org-element-ast inline avl-tree generator org-refile
org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src
sh-script smie treesit executable ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list
org-footnote org-faces org-entities noutline outline ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-version org-cycle org-table ol org-fold
org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs thingatpt org-compat org-macs
autoinsert compile bookmark savehist crm minibuf-eldef mb-depth ido
tramp rx trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-message tramp-compat
xdg format-spec tramp-loaddefs recentf tree-widget shell pcomplete
comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring easy-mmode display-fill-column-indicator
hl-line time gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader range cus-edit pp cus-load
wid-edit dictionary external-completion dictionary-connection flyspell
ispell shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg xml dom modus-vivendi-theme
modus-themes editorconfig editorconfig-core editorconfig-core-handle
editorconfig-fnmatch mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig smtpmail message
sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068
gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader epg-config help-mode doc-view
filenotify jka-compr image-mode exif dired dired-loaddefs dabbrev
find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs desktop frameset pcase
cape-autoloads consult-autoloads corfu-autoloads delight-autoloads
do-at-point-autoloads fsm-autoloads htmlize-autoloads
indent-bars-autoloads lua-mode-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
modus-themes-autoloads package-lint-autoloads php-mode-autoloads
rainbow-mode-autoloads renpy-mode-autoloads sly-autoloads
totp-auth-autoloads base32-autoloads info vertico-autoloads
wgrep-autoloads which-key-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons
password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process native-compile
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1715189 91017) (symbols 48 51945 4)
 (strings 32 263847 9232) (string-bytes 1 7312436) (vectors 16 148632)
 (vector-slots 8 2555876 126766) (floats 8 780 323)
 (intervals 56 126902 0) (buffers 984 25))