Subject: bug#73530: [PATCH] Add imenu index function for Djvu files in doc-view

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2024 18:20:42 +0200

Visuwesh <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> FWIW, I'd keep doc-view-imenu-enabled, and use it to control the
>>> creation of the idle timer. The latter sounds like the right
>>> solution to avoid delays, and the former a much simpler strategy
>>> than asking users to configure hooks.
>>
>> Also fine with me.  Visuwesh, would you like to proceed in that
>> direction?
>
> Is an idle timer necessary?

I don't know yet.  Jose said the index building could take a little
while.

> Imenu calls the index function only when it finds that the index
> hasn't been created yet so we can rely on that mechanism instead.
> This would be simpler than using an idle timer.  WDYT?

Then let's do it the simple way and then test how long the index
building actually takes on reasonable large PDFs/DjVu files.

Thanks,
  Tassilo