Subject: Issue 73523 adjustments

From: Aaron Covrig <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2024 20:35:22 -0400

Hello big bug,

Thank you for your submission; I modified the patch files as they were
all garbled when pulled down and failed to apply. I'm curious as to how
the original commits were created, were they by chance manually copied
up instead of being sent using git:send-email? Here is a StackOverflow
on how to setup
git:send-email: https://stackoverflow.com/q/68238912 it is for gmail
instead of proton mail, but should give a general idea (and if you
can't link proton mail this way, you can always create an anonymous
gmail to send in patches (someone else can chime in if there is an
alternate way to send patches that is more compatible with proton
mail/manual copy paste).

Additionally, Guix has additional documentation on how to send in
patches (and patch series):
1. https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Submitting-Patches.html
2. https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Sending-a-Patch-Series.html

For future reviewers, I have not extensively checked out the
patches/verified that they are working; but they should now build
successfully.

v/r,

Aaron

P.S.

There is also the Mumi interface for sending patches, but I have yet to
try it personally:
* https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Debbugs-User-Interfaces.html