Subject: Re: [bug#73522] [PATCH games-team 06/14] gnu: retroarch: Clean-up source from extraneous bundled libraries.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2024 01:26:29 +0900

Hi again,

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>> Can we unvendor spirv-cross?
>
> It could be done, but it'd have to be new development as their build
> system doesn't currently support it.  I'll give it another try right
> now, but if it becomes too much work, I'll drop it.

I've spent the evening on it, but in the end it works!

>>> +                            "discord-rpc"   ;used in
>>> network/discord.h
>> Can we drop this discord thing?
>
> Not easily, no.  I had checked and there's no switch to opt out in the
> build system.

Actually I was wrong, after getting more knowledgeable about its
'quickbuild / qb' build configure script. I could pass --disable-discord
and a bunch of others to remove support provided via bundled libraries.

I've now push the series (see commit 3e9ebe7f28 and previous ones) with
these changes; you are welcome to inspect the result and let me know if
something is amiss.

Thanks for the review.

Happy hacking!

-- 
Maxim