Subject: bug#73511: 30.0.91; icomplete-vertical-mode TAB-key pops two completions windows

From: Van Ly <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2024 17:58:41 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> 
>> Pressing TAB at that point on either highlighted alternatives duplicates
>> the *Completions* window resulting in 2 *Completions* windows.  And, as
>> far as I know the user has to mouse select from the duplicated window.
>
> No, you can select with C-j or with M-TAB.
>

I see, M-TAB is the behavior I intend.  C-j goes to dired mode for the
highlighted directory.

>> The intended behavior is to get to the target configure file preferably
>> without needing to mouse point in the second *Completions* window, TAB
>> would select from the inferred highlighted option.
>
> No, in Icomplete mode TAB does not select.  I suggest to read the
> "Icomplete" node in the Emacs user manual, it explains how to use this
> mode.
>

Yes, I should read it.  Thanks.

-- 
vl