Subject: Re: bug#7351: 24.0.50; next-error no longer takes into account buffer modifications

From: Paul Pogonyshev <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 21:31:56 +0200

Glenn Morris wrote:
> Paul Pogonyshev wrote:
> 
> > I believe this used to work fine in past.
> 
> Could you give a release of Emacs in which this works?
> 
> I tried 21.4, 22.1, 22.2, 22.3, 23.1, and 23.2; and it didn't seem to
> work in any of them.

No.  I seem to recollect that at some point (certainly before 24.x
development, maybe even before 23) I could fix a compilation error in
a C file by adding/removing lines, and subsequent errors would still
be found correctly, without any line offset.  Maybe it depends on
actual error source, i.e. gcc vs. grep?  Then again, maybe I invented
this whole story and my memory is failing...

In the latter case, can this be requalified as a feature request?

Paul