Subject: Re: [bug#73494] [PATCH v3 0/3] tmpfs /run

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2025 16:34:58 +0900

Hi,

Hilton Chain <[email-masked]> writes:

> V2 -> V3:
>
>   For file-system-mapping->bind-mount, drop the first 4 characters in source
>   when it's a string starting with "/var/run", instead of using canonicalized
>   source (as in V2), since the source can't be ensured to exist at evaluation
>   time.
>
> Hilton Chain (3):
>   file-systems: %base-file-systems: Add tmpfs /run.

This one looks good to me.

>   services: cleanup: Make /var/run a symlink of /run.

This still has the jami system test failing (make check-system
TESTS=jami).  This must be resolved before we can merge this.

>   services: activation: Continue on exceptions.

I like it, but I think you can't use the i18n or diagnostics user-facing
modules on the build side, as their closure is too big to be reasonably
imported.  Most modules intended to be used on the builder side are
namespaced under (guix build ...), but there are a few excptions.

I'll try to understand the jami test failure, but my last experiments
were not successful.  Help welcome.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim