Subject: Re: [bug#73494] [PATCH 0/2] tmpfs /run.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2024 18:13:35 +0900

Hi,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> Another thought; is tmpfs implemented on the Hurd?
>
> Yes, perhaps it’s even older than on Linux, but our file system mounting
> code won’t work there (libc does not provide the ‘mount’ function on the
> Hurd).

I see; so it's not any more a blocker than the current situation, since
we already have some issue with our current code on Hurd.

Hilton, I think this series is fine to apply.  As you previously
mentioned, a news entry will be necessary to let Guix System users to
reboot after a reconfiguration past this change.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim