Subject: Re: [bug#73494] [PATCH 0/2] tmpfs /run.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2024 21:12:10 +0900

Hi Hilton,

Hilton Chain <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Maxim,
>
> On Wed, 30 Oct 2024 14:37:39 +0800,
> Maxim Cournoyer wrote:
>> I think it's a worthwhile change.  It'd be neat to unify every reference
>> to /var/run to /run in the doc/code too.
>
> Thank you, I'm now thinking of unifying them without the tmpfs change, since the
> tmpfs is not strictly necessary.
>
>> I'll be trying this on the build farm as there's an annoying problem
>> with anonip that creates FIFOs under /run/anonip, and these currently
>> become plain files upon reboot, breaking the anonip-service services.
>
> Won't these files be deleted (c250033aa69f: services: cleanup: Delete /run upon
> boot.) at boot?

Yes, they should, but I didn't want to take anything for granted.  I've
come up with a reproducer (system tests) and a fix (already pushed) for
it in the series https://issues.guix.gnu.org/74151

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim