Subject: [bug#73494] [PATCH v6 1/3] services: activation: Continue on exceptions.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2025 16:56:31 +0900

Hi Ludovic,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Thanks.  I've pushed just this 1/3 patch so far.  We still need to
>> understand why the use of shepherd-system-log-service hangs the jami
>> service (dbus daemon), *only* when /run is mounted on a tmpfs (!).
>
> I missed that part of the discussion.  How do we know
> shepherd-system-log-service is at fault?  Does Jami log over syslog?

By trial and error (I assume?), Z572 discovered that if we replace
shepherd-system-log-service by shepherd-syslog-service the hang goes
away.  See the WIP patch 3/3 of this series that does this replacement
and where the problem disappears.

And yes, the Jami daemon logs to syslog by default with our current
service definition.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim