Subject: [bug#73494] [PATCH v6 1/3] services: activation: Continue on exceptions.

From: Z572 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2025 23:03:08 +0800

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Thanks.  I've pushed just this 1/3 patch so far.  We still need to
>> understand why the use of shepherd-system-log-service hangs the jami
>> service (dbus daemon), *only* when /run is mounted on a tmpfs (!).
>
> I missed that part of the discussion.  How do we know
> shepherd-system-log-service is at fault?  Does Jami log over syslog?

I checked the test log on ci and found that the Jami-related test failed
after switching to shepherd-system-log-service by default. After trying
to switch shepherd-system-log-service back to syslog, the test
succeeded.

> Thanks,
> Ludo’.