Subject: [bug#73494] [PATCH v3 0/3] tmpfs /run

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2025 22:20:40 +0900

Hi,

Hilton Chain <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>> I like it, but I think you can't use the i18n or diagnostics user-facing
>> modules on the build side, as their closure is too big to be reasonably
>> imported.  Most modules intended to be used on the builder side are
>> namespaced under (guix build ...), but there are a few excptions.
>
> Just checked, these two modules are already inside (gnu build activation)'s
> closure.

Oh, indeed:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
scheme@(guile-user)> (set! %load-hook (lambda (filename)
                   (format #t "Loading ~a ...\n" filename)))

scheme@(guile-user)> ,use (gnu build activation)
Loading /run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/3.0/gnu/build/activation.scm ...
Loading /run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/3.0/gnu/system/accounts.scm ...
Loading /run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/3.0/guix/records.scm ...
Loading /run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/3.0/gnu/system/privilege.scm ...
Loading /run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/3.0/gnu/build/accounts.scm ...
Loading /run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/3.0/guix/combinators.scm ...
Loading /gnu/store/ylwk2vn18dkzkj0nxq2h4vjzhz17bm7c-guile-3.0.9/share/guile/3.0/srfi/srfi-19.scm ...
[...]
Loading /run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/3.0/gnu/build/file-systems.scm ...
Loading /run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/3.0/gnu/system/uuid.scm ...
Loading /run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/3.0/gnu/system/file-systems.scm ...
Loading /gnu/store/ylwk2vn18dkzkj0nxq2h4vjzhz17bm7c-guile-3.0.9/share/guile/3.0/srfi/srfi-2.scm ...
Loading /run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/3.0/guix/diagnostics.scm ...
Loading /run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/3.0/guix/colors.scm ...
Loading /run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/3.0/guix/memoization.scm ...
Loading /run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/3.0/guix/profiling.scm ...
Loading /run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/3.0/guix/i18n.scm ...
[...]
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

It comes from (gnu system file-systems), which has in a comment:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
;;; Note: this file system is used both in the Shepherd and on the "host
;;; side", so it must not include (gnu packages …) modules.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I guess that's fine then.

>> I'll try to understand the jami test failure, but my last experiments
>> were not successful.  Help welcome.
>
> Did your have a luck with the dbus change you mentioned on IRC?

The jami-dbus-session service now runs, but it errors starting the
actual jami service.  To be investigated.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim