Subject: bug#73470: Rmail is not working with maildirs

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2024 18:59:54 +0300

> From: Marc Coquand <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2024 18:15:46 +0300
> 
> 
> So /mail/home is a directory and the contents are maildir content. There
> is an INBOX file, cur, new, tmp and directories like Archive,
> Spam, Trash etc.
> 
> rmail-movemail-program is .nix-profile/bin/movemail. The second variable
> I can not find, even after opening rmail.

What Emacs version is that?

And please describe step by step how you get new email after
activating Rmail, what messages you see in *Messages* after that, and
whether there are any files names ".newmail-SOMETHING"  or RMAILOSE.n
(where n is a number) in the directory that is the default-directoy of
the Rmail buffer.