Subject: Re: bug#73452: Code lens support in eglot

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2024 09:53:29 +0300

> Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2024 03:20:35 +0300
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
> 
> It seems to me that a brief description would be "buttons that do 
> things", but unlike Code Actions - already available in Eglot - those 
> things don't typically alter the text that they act on.

This seems to be in contradiction with what's been said previously
(and my understanding from reading the linked pages): that code lenses
are UI sugar for server actions.  (If this is different from "Code
Actions", then I guess there's some subtlety here I don't get yet.)
You yourself say later that "the strongest point of code lenses is
advertising actions specific to language and/or to a context", which
seems to affirm my understanding.  And since Eglot already supports
actions, what seems to be missing is that UI sugar, i.e. a way of
presenting the lenses and a way for the user to select those he/she
wants to invoke.