Subject: bug#73441: 31.0.50; Unstable proced-refine-test failure

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2024 15:15:47 +0100

Laurence Warne <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Laurence,

> Sorry it looks like I might have overlooked the case where a process
> has an empty column for %CPU.  It sounds a bit strange and I can't
> reproduce it (as in a process having a blank entry - though I'm
> guessing it's platform dependent), but proced-refine appears to
> respect processes having a blank entry for %CPU and include them so I
> guess it's correct to do so in the tests too?

Are you sure that this problem us due to a blank entry for %CPU? Is this
foreseen, or is this an error in proced-refine?

This I would like to know first.

> In the attached patch I also added an ert-explainer to the proced
> refine tests so we should get info on the process that failed if it
> comes up again.

Excellent idea!

I've pushed your patch to the emacs-30 branch, because first I'd like to
see how a blank entry for %CPU in proced-refine looks like. I've removed
the '(or (null cpu)' part in proced--assert-process-valid-cpu-refinement
in order to see the buffer. I've also adapeted
proced--assert-process-valid-cpu-refinement-explainer for better
formatting.

Based on the results of the next failing test we can decide how to continue.

> Thanks, Laurence

Best regards, Michael.