Subject: Re: bug#73441: 31.0.50; Unstable proced-refine-test failure

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2024 08:51:19 +0100

Laurence Warne <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Laurence,

> Thanks for taking a look!  Ah I see, I thought that refining on the
> PID of a process only filtered the buffer to show the process and it's
> direct children but looking at 'proced-filter-children' this doesn't
> appear to be the case.
>
> I've attached a patch which changes the refinement tests to use the
> simpler CPU refinement behaviour (keep everything with %CPU >= process
> at point), which appears to work well.

I'll reopen this bug, because on emba there's still an error, occasionnally:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Running 6 tests (2024-10-29 07:00:15+0000, selector `(not (tag :unstable))')
   passed  1/6  proced-color-test (0.027574 sec)
   passed  2/6  proced-format-test (0.156767 sec)
Test proced-refine-test backtrace:
  >=(nil 92.2)
  apply(>= (nil 92.2))
  proced--assert-process-valid-cpu-refinement(92.2)
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x1b4b54e9d1659058>)()
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode -0x1703a0141b1acd6f>)()
  handler-bind-1(#f(compiled-function () #<bytecode -0x1703a0141b1acd6
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name proced-refine-test :documentation nil
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector ... :tests ... :test-m
  ert-run-tests((not (tag :unstable)) #f(compiled-function (event-type
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (tag :unstable)))
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (tag :unstable)))
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (tag :unstable))) t)
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "--eval" "(setq treesit-extra-l
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test proced-refine-test condition:
    (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p nil)
   FAILED  3/6  proced-refine-test (0.072968 sec) at lisp/proced-tests.el:83
   passed  4/6  proced-refine-with-update-test (0.042013 sec)
   passed  5/6  proced-revert-test (0.034675 sec)
   passed  6/6  proced-update-test (0.032764 sec)
Ran 6 tests, 5 results as expected, 1 unexpected (2024-10-29 07:00:15+0000, 0.533977 sec)
1 unexpected results:
   FAILED  proced-refine-test  number-or-marker-p
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

See for example <https://emba.gnu.org/emacs/emacs/-/jobs/92138#L1352>

> Thanks, Laurence

Best regards, Michael.