Subject: Re: bug#73441: 31.0.50; Unstable proced-refine-test failure

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2024 18:59:07 +0200

Laurence Warne <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Laurence,

> Thanks for taking a look!  Ah I see, I thought that refining on the
> PID of a process only filtered the buffer to show the process and it's
> direct children but looking at 'proced-filter-children' this doesn't
> appear to be the case.
>
> I've attached a patch which changes the refinement tests to use the
> simpler CPU refinement behaviour (keep everything with %CPU >= process
> at point), which appears to work well.

Thanks.

Eli, can this go to emacs-30, or should it be for master?

> On the downside, whilst running the new tests I noticed an occasional
> flake with the 'proced-update-preserves-pid-at-point-test' test.
> Unfortunately I still can't find the root cause after debugging it for
> a while so I've marked it as unstable in the patch for now as well.

Thanks again. If you like we could instrument proced-tests.el in order
to hunt this on emba? Just say if so.

> Thanks, Laurence

Best regards, Michael.