Subject: [bug#73439] [PATCH 00/10] Update libreoffice to its latest version.

From: Nicolas Graves <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2024 09:52:32 +0200

On 2024-09-24 19:03, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote:

>> That said, it is very doable to have two with a -lts version.
> I agree, having an LTS is probably enough.  So can we cut this short by
> keeping the separate ones you mention and also keep 24.2.6.2 as the
> LTS?

Done in a v2, but I'm not actually sure it's a great solution. The issue
is that the "LTS" is supported for 8 months (february to november 2024
for 24.2). That means we have an overlap of main and lts versions for
only 2 months, and then libreoffice probably recommends only the 24.8
stable release (from memory, the page had a single release a few months
prior, or we can wait and see until november).

Keeping it in Guix would label -lts something that is not supported by
upstream 2/3rd of a year.

I only see two relevant solutions:
- following the latest stable release (which is stable, it's not a beta,
there is a prerelease version currently at 24.8.2)
- wait with 24.2 until november and then switch to 24.8

-- 
Best regards,
Nicolas Graves