Subject: Re: bug#73432: clojure package is broken

From: Rostislav Svoboda <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2024 14:57:19 +0200

Hi. The bug can be tested with a one liner from within the guix shell
of your guix-repo checkout directory. Then it's just a git bisect
grind resulting in:

bad commit:    6a763d916e 2023-02-25 (HEAD) gnu: maven: Update to
3.9.0. Julien Lepiller
compile error: 7634bfca4a 2023-02-25 gnu: Add java-asm-tree-9. Julien Lepiller
compile error: 4ba0614677 2023-02-25 gnu: Add java-asm-9. Julien Lepiller
compile error: 65e18f3f44 2023-02-25 gnu: maven-resolver-api: Update
to 1.9.4. Julien Lepiller
good commit:   597f7db28a 2023-02-25 gnu: Add maven-parent-pom-37.
Julien Lepiller

I think we should take a closer look at the changes introduced by
maven 3.9.0, and involve Julien in the discussion.

Cheers Bost

bost@ecke ~/dev/guix$ guix shell --development guix gnupg direnv
help2man git glibc-locales glibc less --pure

bost@ecke ~/dev/guix [env]$ git log --pretty=format:'%h %ad%d %s %an'
--date=short -n 5
6a763d916e 2023-02-25 (HEAD) gnu: maven: Update to 3.9.0. Julien Lepiller
7634bfca4a 2023-02-25 gnu: Add java-asm-tree-9. Julien Lepiller
4ba0614677 2023-02-25 gnu: Add java-asm-9. Julien Lepiller
65e18f3f44 2023-02-25 gnu: maven-resolver-api: Update to 1.9.4. Julien Lepiller
597f7db28a 2023-02-25 gnu: Add maven-parent-pom-37. Julien Lepiller

bost@ecke ~/dev/guix [env]$ ./pre-inst-env guix shell clojure-tools
openjdk coreutils --container --network
--share=$HOME/.bash_history=$HOME/.bash_history
--share=$HOME/.m2=$HOME/.m2 -- clojure -Sdeps '{:deps {aleph/aleph
{:mvn/version "0.8.1"}}}' -J-Dmaven.wagon.rto=90000
-J-Dio.netty.transport.noNative=true -M -e '(require '\''[aleph.http
:as h]) @(h/get "https://www.google.com" {:socket-timeout 9000
:connection-timeout 9000})'
;;; note: source file /home/bost/dev/guix/gnu/packages/java.scm
;;;       newer than compiled /home/bost/dev/guix/gnu/packages/java.go
;;; note: source file /home/bost/dev/guix/gnu/packages/maven.scm
;;;       newer than compiled /home/bost/dev/guix/gnu/packages/maven.go
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for
further details.
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Execution error (ClassNotFoundException) at
java.net.URLClassLoader/findClass (REPL:-1).
io.netty.channel.epoll.Epoll

Full report at:
/tmp/clojure-10071694626922869296.edn

bost@ecke ~/dev/guix [env]$ git checkout 7634bfca4a
Previous HEAD position was 6a763d916e gnu: maven: Update to 3.9.0.
HEAD is now at 7634bfca4a gnu: Add java-asm-tree-9.

bost@ecke ~/dev/guix [env]$ ./pre-inst-env guix shell clojure-tools
openjdk coreutils --container --network
--share=$HOME/.bash_history=$HOME/.bash_history
--share=$HOME/.m2=$HOME/.m2 -- clojure -Sdeps '{:deps {aleph/aleph
{:mvn/version "0.8.1"}}}' -J-Dmaven.wagon.rto=90000
-J-Dio.netty.transport.noNative=true -M -e '(require '\''[aleph.http
:as h]) @(h/get "https://www.google.com" {:socket-timeout 9000
:connection-timeout 9000})'
;;; note: source file /home/bost/dev/guix/gnu/packages/java.scm
;;;       newer than compiled /home/bost/dev/guix/gnu/packages/java.go
;;; note: source file /home/bost/dev/guix/gnu/packages/maven.scm
;;;       newer than compiled /home/bost/dev/guix/gnu/packages/maven.go
substitute: updating substitutes from
'https://substitutes.nonguix.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
The following derivations will be built:
  /gnu/store/083biczjv0j6r80nrjvzcl5n8rk8qzr9-clojure-tools-1.11.1.1413.drv
  /gnu/store/4acifkvki90v5njl9ji3phhmiigbm13k-maven-core-3.8.6.drv
  /gnu/store/cn0v03z9ps68n2k1iz1j48w53irwd69n-java-plexus-component-metadata-1.7.1.drv
  /gnu/store/fshmx260frcym0r3r7s3v5523cmswfhk-maven-core-3.8.6.drv
  /gnu/store/l8p4srp198shgmmrn6v5gdcimdn68fbx-maven-resolver-provider-3.8.6.drv
  /gnu/store/y5kfn1j2m33h22d6aci5y7czypx7xdy9-clojure-tools-deps-0.18.1354.drv

building /gnu/store/l8p4srp198shgmmrn6v5gdcimdn68fbx-maven-resolver-provider-3.8.6.drv...
- 'build' phasebuilder for
`/gnu/store/l8p4srp198shgmmrn6v5gdcimdn68fbx-maven-resolver-provider-3.8.6.drv'
failed with exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/l8p4srp198shgmmrn6v5gdcimdn68fbx-maven-resolver-provider-3.8.6.drv
failed
View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/l8/p4srp198shgmmrn6v5gdcimdn68fbx-maven-resolver-provider-3.8.6.drv.gz'.
cannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/083biczjv0j6r80nrjvzcl5n8rk8qzr9-clojure-tools-1.11.1.1413.drv':
1 dependencies couldn't be built
guix shell: error: build of
`/gnu/store/083biczjv0j6r80nrjvzcl5n8rk8qzr9-clojure-tools-1.11.1.1413.drv'
failed

bost@ecke ~/dev/guix [env]$ git checkout 4ba0614677
Previous HEAD position was 7634bfca4a gnu: Add java-asm-tree-9.
HEAD is now at 4ba0614677 gnu: Add java-asm-9.

bost@ecke ~/dev/guix [env]$ ./pre-inst-env guix shell clojure-tools
openjdk coreutils --container --network
--share=$HOME/.bash_history=$HOME/.bash_history
--share=$HOME/.m2=$HOME/.m2 -- clojure -Sdeps '{:deps {aleph/aleph
{:mvn/version "0.8.1"}}}' -J-Dmaven.wagon.rto=90000
-J-Dio.netty.transport.noNative=true -M -e '(require '\''[aleph.http
:as h]) @(h/get "https://www.google.com" {:socket-timeout 9000
:connection-timeout 9000})'
;;; note: source file /home/bost/dev/guix/gnu/packages/java.scm
;;;       newer than compiled /home/bost/dev/guix/gnu/packages/java.go
;;; note: source file /home/bost/dev/guix/gnu/packages/maven.scm
;;;       newer than compiled /home/bost/dev/guix/gnu/packages/maven.go
The following derivations will be built:
  /gnu/store/083biczjv0j6r80nrjvzcl5n8rk8qzr9-clojure-tools-1.11.1.1413.drv
  /gnu/store/4acifkvki90v5njl9ji3phhmiigbm13k-maven-core-3.8.6.drv
  /gnu/store/cn0v03z9ps68n2k1iz1j48w53irwd69n-java-plexus-component-metadata-1.7.1.drv
  /gnu/store/fshmx260frcym0r3r7s3v5523cmswfhk-maven-core-3.8.6.drv
  /gnu/store/l8p4srp198shgmmrn6v5gdcimdn68fbx-maven-resolver-provider-3.8.6.drv
  /gnu/store/y5kfn1j2m33h22d6aci5y7czypx7xdy9-clojure-tools-deps-0.18.1354.drv

building /gnu/store/l8p4srp198shgmmrn6v5gdcimdn68fbx-maven-resolver-provider-3.8.6.drv...
/ 'build' phasebuilder for
`/gnu/store/l8p4srp198shgmmrn6v5gdcimdn68fbx-maven-resolver-provider-3.8.6.drv'
failed with exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/l8p4srp198shgmmrn6v5gdcimdn68fbx-maven-resolver-provider-3.8.6.drv
failed
View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/l8/p4srp198shgmmrn6v5gdcimdn68fbx-maven-resolver-provider-3.8.6.drv.gz'.
cannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/083biczjv0j6r80nrjvzcl5n8rk8qzr9-clojure-tools-1.11.1.1413.drv':
1 dependencies couldn't be built
guix shell: error: build of
`/gnu/store/083biczjv0j6r80nrjvzcl5n8rk8qzr9-clojure-tools-1.11.1.1413.drv'
failed

bost@ecke ~/dev/guix [env]$ git checkout 65e18f3f44
Previous HEAD position was 4ba0614677 gnu: Add java-asm-9.
HEAD is now at 65e18f3f44 gnu: maven-resolver-api: Update to 1.9.4.

bost@ecke ~/dev/guix [env]$ ./pre-inst-env guix shell clojure-tools
openjdk coreutils --container --network
--share=$HOME/.bash_history=$HOME/.bash_history
--share=$HOME/.m2=$HOME/.m2 -- clojure -Sdeps '{:deps {aleph/aleph
{:mvn/version "0.8.1"}}}' -J-Dmaven.wagon.rto=90000
-J-Dio.netty.transport.noNative=true -M -e '(require '\''[aleph.http
:as h]) @(h/get "https://www.google.com" {:socket-timeout 9000
:connection-timeout 9000})'
;;; note: source file /home/bost/dev/guix/gnu/packages/java.scm
;;;       newer than compiled /home/bost/dev/guix/gnu/packages/java.go
;;; note: source file /home/bost/dev/guix/gnu/packages/maven.scm
;;;       newer than compiled /home/bost/dev/guix/gnu/packages/maven.go
The following derivations will be built:
  /gnu/store/083biczjv0j6r80nrjvzcl5n8rk8qzr9-clojure-tools-1.11.1.1413.drv
  /gnu/store/4acifkvki90v5njl9ji3phhmiigbm13k-maven-core-3.8.6.drv
  /gnu/store/cn0v03z9ps68n2k1iz1j48w53irwd69n-java-plexus-component-metadata-1.7.1.drv
  /gnu/store/fshmx260frcym0r3r7s3v5523cmswfhk-maven-core-3.8.6.drv
  /gnu/store/l8p4srp198shgmmrn6v5gdcimdn68fbx-maven-resolver-provider-3.8.6.drv
  /gnu/store/y5kfn1j2m33h22d6aci5y7czypx7xdy9-clojure-tools-deps-0.18.1354.drv

building /gnu/store/l8p4srp198shgmmrn6v5gdcimdn68fbx-maven-resolver-provider-3.8.6.drv...
/ 'build' phasebuilder for
`/gnu/store/l8p4srp198shgmmrn6v5gdcimdn68fbx-maven-resolver-provider-3.8.6.drv'
failed with exit code 1
build of /gnu/store/l8p4srp198shgmmrn6v5gdcimdn68fbx-maven-resolver-provider-3.8.6.drv
failed
View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/l8/p4srp198shgmmrn6v5gdcimdn68fbx-maven-resolver-provider-3.8.6.drv.gz'.
cannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/083biczjv0j6r80nrjvzcl5n8rk8qzr9-clojure-tools-1.11.1.1413.drv':
1 dependencies couldn't be built
guix shell: error: build of
`/gnu/store/083biczjv0j6r80nrjvzcl5n8rk8qzr9-clojure-tools-1.11.1.1413.drv'
failed

bost@ecke ~/dev/guix [env]$ git checkout 597f7db28a
Previous HEAD position was 65e18f3f44 gnu: maven-resolver-api: Update to 1.9.4.
HEAD is now at 597f7db28a gnu: Add maven-parent-pom-37.

bost@ecke ~/dev/guix [env]$ ./pre-inst-env guix shell clojure-tools
openjdk coreutils --container --network
--share=$HOME/.bash_history=$HOME/.bash_history
--share=$HOME/.m2=$HOME/.m2 -- clojure -Sdeps '{:deps {aleph/aleph
{:mvn/version "0.8.1"}}}' -J-Dmaven.wagon.rto=90000
-J-Dio.netty.transport.noNative=true -M -e '(require '\''[aleph.http
:as h]) @(h/get "https://www.google.com" {:socket-timeout 9000
:connection-timeout 9000})'
;;; note: source file /home/bost/dev/guix/gnu/packages/java.scm
;;;       newer than compiled /home/bost/dev/guix/gnu/packages/java.go
;;; note: source file /home/bost/dev/guix/gnu/packages/maven.scm
;;;       newer than compiled /home/bost/dev/guix/gnu/packages/maven.go
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for
further details.
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
Warning: failed to load the S3TransporterFactory class
{:request-time 82, :aleph/keep-alive? true, :headers {"accept-ch"
"Sec-CH-Prefers-Color-Scheme", "server" "gws",
"content-security-policy-report-only" "object-src 'none';base-uri
'self';script-src 'nonce-L_bpFSKBfV6ePPQ5XX89mw' 'strict-dynamic'
'report-sample' 'unsafe-eval' 'unsafe-inline' https: http:;report-uri
https://csp.withgoogle.com/csp/gws/other-hp", "content-type"
"text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1", "alt-svc" "h3=\":443\";
ma=2592000,h3-29=\":443\"; ma=2592000", "x-frame-options"
"SAMEORIGIN", "transfer-encoding" "chunked", "accept-ranges" "none",
"expires" "-1", "set-cookie"
"AEC=AVYB7cr3cvmbAV1LWXyhpEQMmhRJqAKagWpJsT3WkFdcueWBlDBtYcB0u1o;
expires=Fri, 04-Apr-2025 12:35:58 GMT; path=/; domain=.google.com;
Secure; HttpOnly;
SameSite=lax,__Secure-ENID=22.SE=hKFI58OY5TimxtoBmlZoSVjiTnTyUvcKPQ5h8n0JoYzy2J-9FSnumjnPyK208TYChMrSFA1issl1W8d36dbIH4w8EqdsKZpAx9VOHYif7-4hpDuzzJc63EQN5B9P9Ie5EOByy0HTBVwFwqRx6Kzpq9KiLMC5p98cyf6gTrU9aUgM-ec-gXy-yZh5WlL6cD2hXw3g5WkRcCk;
expires=Thu, 06-Nov-2025 04:54:16 GMT; path=/; domain=.google.com;
Secure; HttpOnly; SameSite=lax", "p3p" "CP=\"This is not a P3P policy!
See g.co/p3phelp for more info.\"", "date" "Sun, 06 Oct 2024 12:35:58
GMT", "vary" "Accept-Encoding", "x-xss-protection" "0",
"cache-control" "private, max-age=0"}, :status 200, :connection-time
336, :body #object[clj_commons.byte_streams.InputStream 0x7ba907cf
"clj_commons.byte_streams.InputStream@7ba907cf"]}

bost@ecke ~/dev/guix [env]$