Subject: bug#73432: clojure package is broken

From: Andreas Bauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2024 21:21:33 -0500

Hi!

Something broke the clojure package. It was working some time ago, and now
it is not.
What no longer works is using JAR files from maven/clojars that contain
CLASS FILES.
The content of class files is no longer being loaded. This bug affects a
lot of libraries that
I use.

I have made a repo to reproduce the bug:
https://github.com/awb99/clojure-guix-broken

In this repo one can run clojur-X:curl on todays version of guix, and one
will
get this error: Execution error (ClassNotFoundException) at
java.net.URLClassLoader/findClass (REPL:-1). io.netty.channel.epoll.Epoll

Now it can be fixed with time machine:

guix time-machine --commit=98e4bfe96f2c99daa0b66b65c1d379bb385301a8 -- guix
shell --pure --development --check clojure-tools openjdk coreutils

Then in time-machine run again clojure-X:curl and the demo will work.

The demo can be tried out on  virtually any operating system and it will
work, just on guix it is currently broken.

Thanks.