Subject: bug#73431: Add `setf` support for `stream.el` in ELPA

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2024 10:26:28 -0400

>> | stream.el:395:15: Warning: docstring wider than 80 characters
>> | stream.el:421:15: Warning: docstring has wrong usage of unescaped single
>> |     quotes (use \=' or different quoting such as `...')
>> 
>> Could you please try to care about these?
>
> For shortening the first line of the documentation of `seq-take-while`, 
> do you think changing "Return a stream of the successive elements for 
> which (PRED elt) is non-nil in STREAM" to "Return a stream of serial 
> elements in STREAM for which PRED returns non-nil" works?

Why do we even need a docstring?  The generic function already comes
with its docstring:

    Take the successive elements of SEQUENCE for which PRED returns non-nil.
    PRED is a function of one argument.  The function keeps collecting
    elements from SEQUENCE and adding them to the result until PRED
    returns nil for an element.
    Value is a sequence of the same type as SEQUENCE.

Methods of a generic function shouldn't duplicate the generic
function's docstring.  They may add some clarifications specific to the
method, of course, but in most cases no docstring is needed.

Look at what your docstring does in `C-h f seq-take-while` to judge
whether it's appropriate.

        Stefan