Subject: Re: bug#73431: Add `setf` support for `stream.el` in ELPA

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2024 11:06:56 +0100

Okamsn <[email-masked]> writes:

> For shortening the first line of the documentation of `seq-take-while`,
> do you think changing "Return a stream of the successive elements for
> which (PRED elt) is non-nil in STREAM" to "Return a stream of serial
> elements in STREAM for which PRED returns non-nil" works?

Hmm.  How about

"Return the starting consecutive elements that fulfill PRED."

Or "front elements"?

I tried to emphasize that the function is not about the whole sequence
but starts at the front and aborts once PRED is not fulfilled.  We can
later say explicitly that the predicate is called like (PRED ELT) - that
alone makes the sentence shorter.

But I'm not that good when using English language - better versions
welcome.

> Also, do you think that the documentation string for `seq-drop-while`
> should also be changed for consistency?

Sure.

Michael.