Subject: bug#73425: 31.0.50; Support images in HTML versions of ELPA package manuals

From: Mats Lidell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2025 23:35:38 +0200

> Stefan Monnier writes:
> And indeed it seems to work for Hyerpbole.
> Mats&Robert: please check http://elpa.gnu.org/devel/doc/hyperbole.html

It looks OK, sort of. Two comments:

 - We use another css which is stored on the same level as the texi-file, in
   the man-folder. The css is missed and a "standard" css is used instead. So
   the formatting is not the expected but it is not bad.

   I guess having different css for each package will add some extra
   complexity, it has to be passed to the texinfo command line I think, but
   might be possible to support? WDYT?

   Not to mention that our css is for texinfo 7 so not sure how that would
   look with texinfo 6.8 that is currently used on ELPA.

 - I got the impression that the images would be copied to a flat
   structure. Looking in the generated html it looks like the file structure
   is kept. Was that the intention?

   Example: <img name="Hyperbole Screenshot" src="hyperbole/man/im/hyperbole-cv.png">

   That src works so it is fine. Just want to check that there is no
   unintended magic going on here.

>> - Make sure the links to associated files work also for the Info
>>   versions of the manuals, even when they're moved to the
>>   root directory.
> Not there yet either.

For hyperbole it should work to lift the "man/im" folder one level up. No need
to manipulate the texi nor info files for that. Just keep the relative
distance and install them one level up. Is that what you are planning to do?

%% Mats