Subject: 24.0.50; synchronised appearence of buffers in different frames

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 13:10:56 +0100

Hello!

When I create another frame and decrease or increase here the font  
size of the buffer, then the font size in the "original" buffer in the  
first frame is synchronised and also changes its font size. I don't  
like this. I create the new frame to be able to work on an "optimised"  
copy temporarily, preserving the original appearance for later work.  
Is there a way to preserve this original appearance? Or could an  
option be introduced to switch off this synchronising effect?

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin9.8.0, X toolkit, Xaw3d  
scroll bars)
  of 2010-10-30 on Latsche.local
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version  
11.0.10902000
configured using `configure  '--without-sound' '--without-dbus' '-- 
without-pop' '--without-gconf' '--with-x-toolkit=athena' '--x- 
libraries=/usr/X11/lib' '--x-includes=/usr/X11/include' '--with- 
imagemagick' '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application Support/ 
Emacs/calendar24:/Library/Application Support/Emacs' 'CFLAGS=-g -H - 
pipe -fPIC -fno-common -mcpu=7450 -mtune=7450 -faltivec -fast'  
'CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include -idirafter /sw/include' 'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/ 
local/lib -Wl,-dead_strip_dylibs' 'CC=gcc-4.2' 'CPP=cpp-4.2'  
'PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/sw/lib/pango-ft219/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/xft2/lib/ 
pkgconfig:/sw/lib/fontconfig2/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/freetype219/lib/ 
pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/share/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/ 
pkgconfig:/sw/share/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/X11/lib/ 
pkgconfig:/usr/X11/share/pkgconfig''

--
Greetings

   Pete

These are my principles and if you don't like them... well, I have  
others.
				- Groucho Marx