Subject: bug#7342: face remap per frame, not buffer

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 12:44:11 -0700

tags 7342 + notabug wontfix
close 7342
thanks

"Drew Adams" <[email-masked]> writes:

>> The question is anyway: Why are two buffers in two different frames
>> synchronised in their appearance? Is this really a design
>> goal? And no bug? I see this behaviour since, say, GNU Emacs 23.0.60.
>
> AFAIK, yes, it was by design.  But I'm neither responsible for it nor an expert
> about it.

I think this is working as designed: `text-scale-adjust' works per
buffer, not per window or frame.

If you want a different font size in a different window, I recommend using
`clone-indirect-buffer' or `clone-indirect-buffer-other-window'.

If you want a different font size in a different frame, you should
change the font parameters for that frame, see Info node `(elisp) Frame
Parameters'.

I'm therefore closing this bug report.  If you believe that this
conclusion is incorrect, please reply to this email (use "Reply to all"
in your email client) and we might reconsider.