Subject: Re: bug#7342: 24.0.50; synchronised appearence of buffers in different frames

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 20:36:54 +0100

Am 06.11.2010 um 18:13 schrieb Drew Adams:

> It sounds like you are changing the text-scale factor, which affects  
> the buffer,
> regardless of where it is displayed.

I am using the functions from the S-mouse-1 menu ("Change Default  
Buffer Face"), increase or decrease buffer text size. I don't think  
that a "text scaling" happens, by magnifying pixels or such.

>
> Alternatively, you can change the size of the default font for a  
> frame, which
> affects all buffers displayed in that frame.

The functions in the menu do change the font used, from a 10pt variant  
to a 12pt variant or an 8pt variant, which is not restricted to the  
frame or window where it's being invoked. In the original frame, with  
usually two or three windows, I have two different fonts used.

     xft:-B&H-LucidaTypewriter-normal-normal-normal-Sans-8-*-*-*-m-50- 
iso10646-1 (#x55)
     xft:-B&H-LucidaTypewriter-normal-normal-normal-Sans-10-*-*-*-m-60- 
iso10646-1 (#x55)
     xft:-B&H-LucidaTypewriter-normal-normal-normal-Sans-12-*-*-*-m-70- 
iso10646-1 (#x55)

Choosing a different fontset from a submenu of the "Change Default  
Buffer Face" shows the same synchronisation of the two buffers in  
different frames.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Upgraded, adj.:
	Didn't work the first time.