Subject: bug#73415: 30.0.91; Emacs 30 build fails on Ubuntu 24.04

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2024 14:34:49 -0400

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: Mark Grosen <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
>> Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2024 09:40:54 -0400
>> 
>> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>> > Andrea, what did we decide regarding the long-term solution for this?
>> > Did we mean to somehow solve the issue with dynamic doc strings?
>> 
>> AFAIR we dedided that for master we®'ll extend the code to support
>> native compiled functions with lazy docs and we'll emit them even while
>> native compiling.
>
> OK, so the decision is indeed not to try solving this on emacs-30.  I
> wasn't sure.

That was my understanding at least, as we could not find a simple
fix/workaround with limited impact we could install in emacs-30.  Of
course if you have a different suggestion please voice it.

Thanks

  Andrea