Subject: bug#73401: [PATCH] Make window dividers and internal border respect alpha background

From: Garklein <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2024 16:56:26 -0500

Here is a patch that adds this option as a frame parameter.

I hope I did everything correctly, but I have never worked with the
Emacs C source before, so I probably made some mistakes in style or
logic.

Also, should this be factored out so that `border-alpha-background' is
its own parameter? In that case, a lot of functions would need to be
changed (the `respect-alpha-background' parameter in many xterm.c
functions would probably be changed to just a `double alpha` or
something like that). I am up for that, but I'm not sure if it would
be a helpful change.

Please let me know how it looks!

On Sat, Oct 12, 2024 at 8:38 PM Po Lu <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > Ping!  Po Lu, can you answer the OP?
> >
> >> From: Garklein <[email-masked]>
> >> Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2024 15:37:58 -0400
> >> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> >>
> >> Would it be possible to have an option to make them transparent? It
> >> makes it look a lot better for EXWM.
>
> Yes, but I won't be implementing it myself till Emacs 30 is released.
> In the interim, patches welcome.