Subject: OCaml build failure on i686

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2024 19:43:56 +0200

Hello OCaml team,

There is what looks like a non-deterministic failure early in the
‘check’ phase of [email-masked] and [email-masked] on i686-linux:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
starting phase `check'
make -C testsuite all
make runtime-all
make[1]: Entering directory '/tmp/guix-build-ocaml-5.0.0.drv-0/source/testsuite'
make[1]: Entering directory '/tmp/guix-build-ocaml-5.0.0.drv-0/source'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for 'runtime-all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-ocaml-5.0.0.drv-0/source'
make -C stdlib \
  OCAMLRUN='$(ROOTDIR)/runtime/ocamlrun' \
  CAMLC='$(BOOT_OCAMLC) -use-prims ../runtime/primitives' all
make[1]: Entering directory '/tmp/guix-build-ocaml-5.0.0.drv-0/source/stdlib'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for 'all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/tmp/guix-build-ocaml-5.0.0.drv-0/source/stdlib'
cp runtime/ocamlrun boot/ocamlrun
cp: cannot create regular file 'boot/ocamlrun': Text file busy
make: *** [Makefile:177: coldstart] Error 1
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

(From <https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/5830010>.)

Does that ring a bell?  Could it be a parallel build issue?

Thanks,
Ludo’.