Subject: bug#73363: closed (Re: bug#73363: 30.0.91; CJK Font Rendering Behavior Changed)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2024 08:29:02 +0000

Your bug report

#73363: 30.0.91; CJK Font Rendering Behavior Changed

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
73363: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=73363
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#73363: 30.0.91; CJK Font Rendering Behavior Changed
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2024 11:27:44 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2024 10:31:21 +0800
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Thanks, but why leave it enabled on systems other than Android on
> > master?
> 
> No, I removed it completely on master.

Thanks, so I'm closing this bug.

Subject: 30.0.91; CJK Font Rendering Behavior Changed
From: Tomohisa Kuranari <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2024 23:50:58 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This may not be a bug, but I have noticed different behavior compared to
Emacs 29.4.

I found that the behavior changed when the Android port was introduced, but
I haven't been able to pinpoint the exact cause.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=c71a520d1da636a722cf87b46534ca3b5aafbc7b

## Steps to Reproduce
1. Start Emacs with emacs -Q.
2. Evaluate the following in the scratch buffer:

;; 29.4
(face-font 'default nil ?元)
"-*-Hiragino Sans-regular-normal-normal-*-12-*-*-*-p-0-iso10646-1"
(face-font 'default nil ?你)
"-*-Hiragino Sans-regular-normal-normal-*-12-*-*-*-p-0-iso10646-1"
(face-font 'default nil ?안)
"-*-Apple SD Gothic Neo-regular-normal-normal-*-12-*-*-*-p-0-iso10646-1"

;; 30.0.91
(face-font 'default nil ?元)
"-*-Arial Unicode MS-regular-normal-normal-*-12-*-*-*-p-0-iso10646-1"
(face-font 'default nil ?你)
"-*-Arial Unicode MS-regular-normal-normal-*-12-*-*-*-p-0-iso10646-1"
(face-font 'default nil ?안)
"-*-Arial Unicode MS-regular-normal-normal-*-12-*-*-*-p-0-iso10646-1"

## Workaround
Specify the font explicitly
```
(set-fontset-font nil 'japanese-jisx0208
                  (font-spec :family "Hiragino Sans"))
```

In GNU Emacs 30.0.91 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin23.1.0, NS
 appkit-2487.20 Version 14.1 (Build 23B74)) of 2024-09-14 built on
 kuranariMacBook-Pro.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2487
System Description:  macOS 14.1

Configured using:
 'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs-plus@30/30.0.91/share/info/emacs
 --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs-plus@30/30.0.91 --with-xml2
 --with-gnutls --without-compress-install --without-dbus
 --without-imagemagick --with-modules --with-rsvg --with-webp --with-ns
 --disable-ns-self-contained 'CFLAGS=-O2 -DFD_SETSIZE=10000
 -DDARWIN_UNLIMITED_SELECT''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER
WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ja_JP.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/d

Minor modes in effect:
  which-key-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  global-git-gutter-mode: t
  git-gutter-mode: t
  global-corfu-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  puni-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(mailalias mailclient textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping uni-confusable
textsec-check qp ispell shadow sort mail-extr puni pulse color emacsbug
message yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils project consult vc-git
diff-mode track-changes vc-dispatcher which-key org-agenda org-element
org-persist xdg org-id org-element-ast inline avl-tree generator
org-refile org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-src sh-script smie treesit executable ob-comint org-pcomplete
pcomplete comint ansi-osc ansi-color org-list org-footnote org-faces
org-entities time-date noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs ol rx org-fold org-fold-core org-compat
org-macs format-spec bookmark text-property-search time pixel-scroll
cua-base ring dashboard dashboard-widgets recentf tree-widget ffap
thingatpt git-gutter writeroom-mode visual-fill-column cape corfu
orderless marginalia vertico compat delsel cus-edit pp wid-edit
autorevert filenotify cus-load finder-inf edmacro kmacro
use-package-bind-key bind-key use-package-ensure cl-extra help-mode
use-package-core avy-autoloads cape-autoloads corfu-autoloads
dashboard-autoloads embark-consult-autoloads consult-autoloads
embark-autoloads git-gutter-autoloads marginalia-autoloads
orderless-autoloads org-contrib-autoloads org-modern-autoloads
puni-autoloads easy-mmode vertico-autoloads info
writeroom-mode-autoloads visual-fill-column-autoloads package browse-url
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json
subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib
japan-util rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 423228 149081) (symbols 48 27755 15)
 (strings 32 147709 4935) (string-bytes 1 3346886) (vectors 16 58280)
 (vector-slots 8 1414362 216992) (floats 8 413 1650)
 (intervals 56 3577 542) (buffers 992 20))

-- 
Tomohisa Kuranari
Email: [email-masked]