Subject: Re: bug#73363: 30.0.91; CJK Font Rendering Behavior Changed

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2024 19:02:26 +0200

>>>>> On Thu, 19 Sep 2024 19:33:01 +0300, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> said:

    Eli> I cannot reproduce this, but I'm not on macOS.  Can someone reproduce
    Eli> this on GNU/Linux and/or on macOS?

On GNU/Linux I get the same result from
emacs-29 and emacs-30 ("-GOOG-Noto Sans CJK
KR-regular-normal-normal-*-16-*-*-*-*-0-iso10646-1""

On macOs it changes from "PingFang SC" to "Arial Unicode MS" when I go
from emacs-29 to emacs-30

    Eli> The only changes I see in fontset.el due to Android which could
    Eli> explain this are supposed to be in effect only when Emacs is built for
    Eli> Android.  I see quite some changes in macfont.m, but they seem to
    Eli> affect font's weight and slant, so I'm not sure how that could be
    Eli> relevant.

It doesnʼt appear to be either of those. Iʼd bisect, but right now I
donʼt have time for that.

Robert
--