Subject: 29.4; missing dynamic type checking in network-lookup-address-info

From: Jonathan Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2024 10:07:25 -0500

There is no dynamic type checking of the ‘name’ argument in
‘network-lookup-address-info’, thus causing a crash instead of signaling
a wrong-type-argument error when called with non-string values like
‘(network-lookup-address-info 1)’ or ‘(network-lookup-address-info ’a)’.

In GNU Emacs 29.4 (build 1, x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.42, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-07-16 built on
 27527c2e06f843c0962737354e0b3cf7
System Description: Fedora Linux 40.20240914.0 (Silverblue)

Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var --runstatedir=/run
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-cairo --with-dbus --with-gif
 --with-gpm=no --with-harfbuzz --with-jpeg --with-json --with-modules
 --with-native-compilation=aot --with-pgtk --with-png --with-rsvg
 --with-sqlite3 --with-tiff --with-tree-sitter --with-webp --with-xpm
 --with-xwidgets build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu CC=gcc 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2
 -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -fexceptions -g -grecord-gcc-switches
 -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security
 -Wp,-U_FORTIFY_SOURCE,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=3 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -fstack-protector-strong
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -m64 -march=x86-64
 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection
 -fcf-protection -fno-omit-frame-pointer -mno-omit-leaf-frame-pointer '
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig CXX=g++
 'CXXFLAGS=-O2 -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -fexceptions -g
 -grecord-gcc-switches -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security
 -Wp,-U_FORTIFY_SOURCE,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=3 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -fstack-protector-strong
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -m64 -march=x86-64
 -mtune=generic -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection
 -fcf-protection -fno-omit-frame-pointer -mno-omit-leaf-frame-pointer ''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  global-corfu-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  horizontal-scroll-bar-mode: t
  context-menu-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  auto-save-visited-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr shortdoc net-utils help-fns radix-tree emacsbug
message mailcap yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec
epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils mule-util
ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs comp comp-cstr rx time-date vc-git diff-mode vc
vc-dispatcher bug-reference jkm-fns sqlite display-line-numbers cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs init vertico corfu eglot external-completion array filenotify
jsonrpc ert pp ewoc debug backtrace find-func xref flymake-proc flymake
thingatpt warnings icons compile text-property-search comint ansi-osc
ansi-color pcase url-util url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core
password-cache json map url-vars project byte-opt imenu orderless
marginalia compat compat-30 edmacro kmacro leuven-theme repeat recentf
tree-widget wid-edit pixel-scroll cua-base ring subr-x so-long elec-pair
desktop frameset cus-load cl-macs gv cl-extra help-mode cl-seq
use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core cl-loaddefs
cl-lib bytecomp byte-compile info bash-completion-autoloads
consult-git-log-grep-autoloads consult-ls-git-autoloads corfu-autoloads
debbugs-autoloads embark-consult-autoloads consult-autoloads
embark-autoloads leuven-theme-autoloads marginalia-autoloads
orderless-autoloads osm-autoloads pdf-tools-autoloads pyvenv-autoloads
rust-mode-autoloads tablist-autoloads vertico-autoloads compat-autoloads
rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win
term/common-win pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads xwidget-internal dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 231270 29521)
 (symbols 48 18116 0)
 (strings 32 58629 2627)
 (string-bytes 1 2394496)
 (vectors 16 34305)
 (vector-slots 8 640740 25613)
 (floats 8 204 66)
 (intervals 56 496 35)
 (buffers 984 11))