Subject: bug#7333: [PATCH] {maint} Fix a bug in variable concatanation with `+='.

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 02:34:23 -0500

Ralf Wildenhues wrote (on Mon, 8 Nov 2010 at 22:46 +0100):

> > BTW, Ouch!  I see that my previous reply presenting the patch
> > has erroneously opended a new, spurious bug report (#7345) in
> > the tracker!  Ralf, could you please you close that report as
> > invalid?
> 
> Not sure how that happened, probably the Subject: change.

It was a combination of changing the subject plus cc'ing bug-automake.
bug-automake is basically an alias for submit@debbugs now.
Anything sent there that is not "obviously" replying to an existing
report creates a new bug.

There is no need to cc bug-automake on replies to reports; ###@debbugs
can be thought of as an alias for that. The only time to use the
bug-automake address now is in new bug reports. Sending to both just
creates duplicates.

> The commands above (Bcc:ed to control at debbugs) should merge and
> close both bugs.

The (first) close didn't work, I think it was because your version
number started with a `v', not a digit. The second close worked.