Subject: bug#73324: 30.0.91; php-ts-mode: regression due to the latest patches for treesitter.c?

From: Vincenzo Pupillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2024 22:29:14 +0200

Ciao,
php-ts-mode no longer behaves as it used to. There seems to be some problems 
with the calculation of ranges covered by the parsers. In the image I attached 
you can see how the code is being parsed by both the php and javascript 
parsers. The namespace declaration has some elements colored as if they were 
escape sequences.
The php-ts-mode--get-parser-ranges function returns the following ranges:

((#<treesit-parser for html> nil) (#<treesit-parser for css> nil) (#<treesit-
parser for javascript> nil) (#<treesit-parser for php> nil) (#<treesit-parser 
for phpdoc> ((368 . 426))) (#<treesit-parser for jsdoc> ((368 . 426))))

The range for 'jsdoc' is wrong, there should be only the range for 'phpdoc'.
The attached gif screencast shows the strange behavior in updating the font-
lock.
It doesn't happen all the time. I'm trying to isolate the problem.

Any ideas about this?
The parsers were installed with php-ts-mode-install-parser.

GNU Emacs 30.0.91 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.43, cairo 
version 1.18.0) of 2024-09-17, libtree-sitter-0.22.5-1.fc40.x86_64

Thanks.

Vincenzo