Subject: bug#73313: closed (Re: bug#73313: Hash mismatch for jpegsrc)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2024 12:55:02 +0000

Your bug report

#73313: Hash mismatch for jpegsrc

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
73313: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=73313
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#73313: Hash mismatch for jpegsrc
From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
To: Marcel van der Boom <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2024 14:53:51 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Marcel,

On 2024-09-17 12:15, Marcel van der Boom wrote:
> -sha256 hash mismatch for
> /gnu/store/53j9996hdgnmhgzswjjggdz9wnv29p5b-jpegsrc.v9d.tar.gz:
>   expected hash: 0clwys9lcqlxqgcw8s1gwfm5ix2zjlqpklmd3mbvqmj5ibj51jwr
>   actual hash:   0spshb0126m70xpgkqwxic8rw1z6ywlrv2kfx3h37ibczfnac0r3

Thank you for reporting this!  Fixed in commit b1a102d[0].

Also thanks for submitting a patch.  However, would I have seen it in 
the commit log I'd probably have raised a stink :-)

Upstream hash mismatches should be rare and treated with some suspicion. 
  The hash wasn't *incorrect* (hence, not a ‘fix’) when libjpeg was 
packaged—it was *changed*.

I think it's our responsibility to log these changes in the commit log, 
even though they are benign.

Well, obviously they are benign.  We'd probably not commit them if they 
weren't.

Probably.

Closing,

T G-R

[0]: 
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=b1a102d3a5b26d13f81b7102fa492fbab8f111ce

Sent from a Web browser.  Excuse or enjoy my brevity.

Subject: Hash mismatch for jpegsrc
From: Marcel van der Boom <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2024 12:15:50 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On building jpegsrc:

building 
/gnu/store/03w0f0wr4316dwjh226b3bnmikjbfny6-jpegsrc.v9d.tar.gz.drv...
-sha256 hash mismatch for 
/gnu/store/53j9996hdgnmhgzswjjggdz9wnv29p5b-jpegsrc.v9d.tar.gz:
   expected hash: 0clwys9lcqlxqgcw8s1gwfm5ix2zjlqpklmd3mbvqmj5ibj51jwr
   actual hash:   0spshb0126m70xpgkqwxic8rw1z6ywlrv2kfx3h37ibczfnac0r3
hash mismatch for store item 
'/gnu/store/53j9996hdgnmhgzswjjggdz9wnv29p5b-jpegsrc.v9d.tar.gz'
build of 
/gnu/store/03w0f0wr4316dwjh226b3bnmikjbfny6-jpegsrc.v9d.tar.gz.drv failed
View build log at 
'/var/log/guix/drvs/03/w0f0wr4316dwjh226b3bnmikjbfny6-jpegsrc.v9d.tar.gz.drv.gz'.
building /gnu/store/nsbzw88sd0zzmxl6ygiq7b31s9y9gx22-ld-wrapper-avr-0.drv...
cannot build derivation 
`/gnu/store/plvvazx3ps2h5yscxb1wqjb78sdr7hmh-libjpeg-9d.drv': 1 
dependencies couldn't be built
cannot build derivation 
`/gnu/store/hdvcvrdwjywl5lzkg6kzcicallsjjcnc-profile.drv': 1 
dependencies couldn't be built

this is on powerpc64le platform (talos II machine)