Subject: bug#73302: TeX-find-closing-brace and verbatim macros

From: Paul Nelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2024 21:36:00 +0100

Hi Arash,

> Now that the exercise is completed, do you see
> a chance to implement this also in tex-fold.el and make this feature
> available to all AUCTeX users?

Yes, you're one step ahead.  Indeed, the motivation for the bug fix
that started this thread was that I've been polishing
https://github.com/ultronozm/czm-tex-fold.el lately, with the aim of
sharing it here and pushing it in some form to AUCTeX or ELPA
(ideally, from my POV, the package would "cease to exist").

Besides verbatim environments, the package adds folding support for
quotes, dashes and begin/end environments (and maybe a couple more
opinionated defaults of lesser importance).

The folding for verbatim environments that we just discussed could be
incorporated by something like the attached patch.  The other features
could be discussed separately.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks, best,

Paul