Subject: Re: bug#73302: TeX-find-closing-brace and verbatim macros

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2024 22:57:26 +0200

Paul Nelson <[email-masked]> writes:

> One issue that shows up when attempting to fold these examples via a
> string display spec is that (TeX-find-macro-end), called with point at
> the beginning of \Verb|LaTeX|, returns the end of \Verb rather than
> the complete macro.  As a result, using tex-fold with a string display
> spec never folds the complete macro, but instead just the part
> appearing before the first "|".  Perhaps this should be changed?

Thanks for testing.  I installed your change; I suggest we try to fix
the issue you describe later.  Again, thanks for the patch.

> Note that the string display specs in tex-fold don't support "|...|"
> arguments.  I do provide folding support for "\verb|...|" in
> https://github.com/ultronozm/czm-tex-fold.el, but it's done there
> using a function display spec, ultimately using the regexp
> "\\\\verb|\\([^|]*\\)|" rather than anything built-in.  I guess I
> could extend it to work also with \Verb.
>
> Alternatively, one could view the contents of "|...|" as a "required
> argument" and extend the string display spec folding to work with
> "|...|" in addition to "{...}", but I don't see the immediate payoff
> from doing so.

What do others think?

Best, Arash