Subject: bug#73302: TeX-find-closing-brace and verbatim macros

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2024 01:14:45 +0900

Hi Paul,

>>>>> Paul Nelson <[email-masked]> writes:
>> (Actually, AUCTeX has generic function `TeX-verbatim-p', but only LaTeX
>> mode has meaningful implementation for it.)

> According to the documentation, TeX-verbatim-p always returns nil
> outside LaTeX-mode, so it seems to me that to fix the issue you raise,
> it would suffice to use that function in place of LaTeX-verbatim-p
> (rather than doing derive-mode-p checks).  Does that sound right to
> you?  (I never use the other modes, so my knowledge there is a bit
> spotty.)

Hmm, then the code takes the form
  (if (TeX-verbatim-p)
       (cdr (LaTeX-verbatim-macro-boundaries))
      ...
, which looks like to call LaTeX-mode specific function
`LaTeX-verbatim-macro-boundaries' in other modes as well... Well, I'd
accept that if you place there some FIXME comments which warns that this
should be fixed when other mode implements non-trivial
`TeX-verbatim-p-function'.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine
#Gaza #StopMassiveKilling #CeasefireNOW